How do you unlock a Theftlock GM radio?
Dial 1-800-537-5140 to connect with GM’s toll-free radio hotline. Once you’re connected, you’ll be asked to provide your vehicle’s radio identification number, along with a special dealer access code. You’ll then be rewarded with a 4-digit retrieval code, which will allow you to unlock your radio.
How do I unlock my car radio?
Without the Unlock Code
- Call your car manufacturer directly. Your car manufacturer’s phone number is in your owner’s manual. Ask to be connected to the support department. …
- Enter the code and unlock your stereo. Use the code you received from the manufacturer to unlock and and activate your car stereo.
How do I reset my GMC radio?
How to Reset a GM Radio
- Turn on your car. …
- Press and hold down both the second and third preset buttons. …
- Write down the two- or three-digit code that appears in the LED display.
- Press the AM/FM button on the radio.
- Write down the next two- or three-digit code that appears in the LED display.
How do you take theft lock off radio?
Display Preset Message
- Turn the key to the “OFF” position. Hold the “Mute” button and turn the key to the “ACC” position. Let go of the “Mute” button and quickly hold down the “1” button.
- Turn the key back to the “OFF” position. The radio should remain on. Press the “Scan” button to cycle through the preset messages.
How do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
Turn the key to unlock your car door, but don’t release it. Hold the key in this position for 20 to 30 seconds. This lets the system know you have the correct key, and it can allow you to bypass the alarm system. Some vehicles recognize the key simply by turning the key back and forth in the door lock key cylinder.
How do I reset my car radio code?
Press the “Hour” button (or right arrow button) to set the first and second digits of the code. Release the button once the four-digit code is accurately displayed. Press the “Mode” button to lock in the code you set. Turn the stereo deck on by pressing the “Source” or “Power” button to complete the reset.
How do I reset my car radio?
Remove the faceplate from your car stereo. Press the RESET button on the front panel using a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
Why did my radio stop working?
Blown Fuse: One of the most common reasons for a car radio to stop working is a blown fuse. If the radio itself will not turn on, chances are good that there’s one or more blown fuses causing the problem. … A damaged antenna means that your radio isn’t able to receive signal from stations.
How do I find my GM radio code?
Now that you have your radio’s serial number, you can obtain the radio unlock code from General Motors. Be ready with a pen and paper to write down your radio unlock code. Step 1: Contact the GM radio hotline. From any landline or cell phone, call the toll-free GM Radio hotline at 1(800) 537-5140.
How do I unlock my 2013 GMC Sierra radio?
Turn on the ignition; it must be completely on and your vehicle running. Press the power button on your radio for several seconds to unlock the system. If this doesn’t work, pull your vehicle’s codes by pressing and holding presets 2 and 3 for 10 seconds. Write down the 3-digit code that displays on the screen.
How do I unlock my RDS radio?
To unlock radio you will need access to a GM scan tool. The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC). Press and hold presets buttons 2 & 3 or 1 & 4 for approximately 10 seconds.