How do you unlock a 2008 GM radio?
Turn on the ignition; it must be completely on and your vehicle running. Press the power button on your radio for several seconds to unlock the system. If this doesn’t work, pull your vehicle’s codes by pressing and holding presets 2 and 3 for 10 seconds. Write down the 3-digit code that displays on the screen.
How do I unlock my Chevy radio?
Now that you have your radio’s serial number, you can obtain the radio unlock code from General Motors. Be ready with a pen and paper to write down your radio unlock code. Step 1: Contact the GM radio hotline. From any landline or cell phone, call the toll-free GM Radio hotline at 1(800) 537-5140.
How do you unlock a Theftlock GM radio?
Dial 1-800-537-5140 to connect with GM’s toll-free radio hotline. Once you’re connected, you’ll be asked to provide your vehicle’s radio identification number, along with a special dealer access code. You’ll then be rewarded with a 4-digit retrieval code, which will allow you to unlock your radio.
How do I unlock my car radio without the code?
Without the Unlock Code
Call your car manufacturer directly. Your car manufacturer’s phone number is in your owner’s manual. Ask to be connected to the support department. Tell them you need to reactivate you car stereo and you will be asked for proof of ownership.
How do I reset the code on my car radio?
Press the “Hour” button (or right arrow button) to set the first and second digits of the code. Release the button once the four-digit code is accurately displayed. Press the “Mode” button to lock in the code you set. Turn the stereo deck on by pressing the “Source” or “Power” button to complete the reset.
How do I reset my Chevy utility radio?
How to Reset a GM Radio
- Turn on your car. …
- Press and hold down both the second and third preset buttons. …
- Write down the two- or three-digit code that appears in the LED display.
- Press the AM/FM button on the radio.
- Write down the next two- or three-digit code that appears in the LED display.
How do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
Turn the key to unlock your car door, but don’t release it. Hold the key in this position for 20 to 30 seconds. This lets the system know you have the correct key, and it can allow you to bypass the alarm system. Some vehicles recognize the key simply by turning the key back and forth in the door lock key cylinder.
How do I turn off Theftlock on my GM radio?
To disable the Theftlock feature, enter the user or factory back-up code as follows:
- Write down the user or factory back-up code.
- Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY or RUN.
- Turn the radio OFF.
- Press the 1 and 4 buttons together. …
- Press the Minute button and “000” will appear on the display.
How do I unlock my Ford 6000cd radio?
After you reach the limit, the radio enters in “Locked” status. To reset it, hold button 6 for ten seconds. It will bring you another three attempts, but take care if you spend it too, the radio is going to be permanently locked with “Locked 13” message.
How do I unlock my AC Delco radio code?
How to Unlock a Delco Radio
- Obtain the six-digit dealer code. Contact your local GM dealer. …
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position, without turning the engine over. Hold the preset buttons “2” and “3” for 10 seconds. …
- Call the GM assistance hotline at 800-537-5140. Follow the prompts and select the brand of your vehicle.
How do I unlock my RDS radio?
To unlock radio you will need access to a GM scan tool. The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC). Press and hold presets buttons 2 & 3 or 1 & 4 for approximately 10 seconds.