How do you remove a radio without a tool?
How to remove car stereo without tools
- Take two knives (or similar flat objects, hard plastic box covers, long screw drivers, etc.).
- Slide knives to both sides between metal frame and radio.
- Knives open the locks.
- Pull both knives outwards while turning the sharp ends of the knives towards each other. Radio comes out a bit.
- Pull the knives out.
How do you remove a Ford radio tool?
The OTC Ford radio removal tool is easy to use just insert tools into the holes on the radio face plate to release the retaining clips, then use them as a handle to pull the radio from the instrument panel.
How do you remove a double DIN radio without a key?
To remove the radio without radio removal keys involves taking the dash apart until the side of the radio is visible. To remove the restraint brackets you will have to remove the 4 small silver screws that hold them to the radio. These are located on the side of the radio, 2 screws per side.
How do I use the din removal tool?
How to Remove a Car Stereo Unit With DIN Tools
- Locate the holes on the front of the stereo. There are two on either side. …
- Insert the DIN tools into the holes, one to each side, until you hear or feel a click, or until the tools cannot be pushed further.
- Spread the tools apart slightly.
How can I get the code for my Ford Radio for free?
How To Get Your Ford Radio Code?
- Press and hold buttons 1 & 6 together.
- The radio will go through a series of information on the display, the ONLY information that will be your serial will begin “M” or “V” followed by 6 digits.
How do you remove a factory radio?
How to Remove a Factory Car Stereo
- Locate the screws that hold the dash plate in place. Then, use the appropriate screwdriver to remove them by turning them counterclockwise until they come out of the holes. …
- Remove the stereo bolts. …
- Put your hand behind the stereo and grasp the antenna wire. …
- Disconnect the power.
How do you use a radio key removal?
Simply insert the proper tool and wait for the “notch” feel. Once you feel the notch, apply force away from the radio towards the rear of the vehicle to remove the radio from the dash.
How do I uninstall Axxera radio?
In your Thor bag you should have two radio removal tools–they look like “C”s. You push the ends of the C’s into the holes on the radio, then squeeze the C’s and pull. You may have to remove the bezel to see the holes.
How do I get rid of double din?
For Ford, Mercury or Lincoln vehicle: insert the Ford DIN removal keys into the holes at either side of the double-DIN stereo’s face. Push the tools into the unit until they lock into place. Pull outward on the tools while sliding the stereo from the dock.
How do you remove an Alpine car stereo without the key?
Look at each side, where on any other stereo you’d insert the removal keys. Using a flat blade screw driver or something similar, slide these pegs down and give the front of the unit a pull towards you. Do the same on the other side and the unit should come free. From there you’ll be able to slide the unit out.