How do you remove a radio without a tool?
How to remove car stereo without tools
- Take two knives (or similar flat objects, hard plastic box covers, long screw drivers, etc.).
- Slide knives to both sides between metal frame and radio.
- Knives open the locks.
- Pull both knives outwards while turning the sharp ends of the knives towards each other. Radio comes out a bit.
- Pull the knives out.
How do I use the din removal tool?
How to Remove a Car Stereo Unit With DIN Tools
- Locate the holes on the front of the stereo. There are two on either side. …
- Insert the DIN tools into the holes, one to each side, until you hear or feel a click, or until the tools cannot be pushed further.
- Spread the tools apart slightly.
How do you use a radio key removal?
Simply insert the proper tool and wait for the “notch” feel. Once you feel the notch, apply force away from the radio towards the rear of the vehicle to remove the radio from the dash.
How do you remove a double DIN radio without a key?
To remove the radio without radio removal keys involves taking the dash apart until the side of the radio is visible. To remove the restraint brackets you will have to remove the 4 small silver screws that hold them to the radio. These are located on the side of the radio, 2 screws per side.
How do you remove an Alpine car stereo without the key?
Look at each side, where on any other stereo you’d insert the removal keys. Using a flat blade screw driver or something similar, slide these pegs down and give the front of the unit a pull towards you. Do the same on the other side and the unit should come free. From there you’ll be able to slide the unit out.
How do I reset my Sony car stereo?
Devices with a reset button
- Remove the faceplate from your car stereo.
- Press the RESET button on the front panel using a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.