How do I unlock my Chevy radio?
Now that you have your radio’s serial number, you can obtain the radio unlock code from General Motors. Be ready with a pen and paper to write down your radio unlock code. Step 1: Contact the GM radio hotline. From any landline or cell phone, call the toll-free GM Radio hotline at 1(800) 537-5140.
How can I get the code to unlock my car stereo?
How to Find the Radio Code to Unlock a Car Stereo
- Check Your Owner’s Manual. The best place to locate a radio code is in the owner’s manual of your car. …
- Visit the Manufacturer’s Website. …
- Visit your Local Dealership. …
- Contact a Local Automotive Audio Installation Center.
How do you take theft lock off radio?
Display Preset Message
- Turn the key to the “OFF” position. Hold the “Mute” button and turn the key to the “ACC” position. Let go of the “Mute” button and quickly hold down the “1” button.
- Turn the key back to the “OFF” position. The radio should remain on. Press the “Scan” button to cycle through the preset messages.
How do I unlock my car radio without the code?
Without the Unlock Code
Call your car manufacturer directly. Your car manufacturer’s phone number is in your owner’s manual. Ask to be connected to the support department. Tell them you need to reactivate you car stereo and you will be asked for proof of ownership.
How do I unlock my Oldsmobile radio?
Dial 1-800-537-5140 to connect with GM’s toll-free radio hotline. Once you’re connected, you’ll be asked to provide your vehicle’s radio identification number, along with a special dealer access code. You’ll then be rewarded with a 4-digit retrieval code, which will allow you to unlock your radio.
How do I unlock my RDS radio?
To unlock radio you will need access to a GM scan tool. The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC). Press and hold presets buttons 2 & 3 or 1 & 4 for approximately 10 seconds.
How do I unlock my GM navigation radio?
How to Unlock GM Navigation
- Start the engine of the GM vehicle.
- Place the vehicle in “Park.”
- Press the “Power” button on the navigation system and press the “NAV” hard key, located at the top left side menu of the system.
- Touch “Insert Map Disk” located on the center top portion of the touchscreen.
How do I reset my car radio code?
Press the “Hour” button (or right arrow button) to set the first and second digits of the code. Release the button once the four-digit code is accurately displayed. Press the “Mode” button to lock in the code you set. Turn the stereo deck on by pressing the “Source” or “Power” button to complete the reset.
How do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
Turn the key to unlock your car door, but don’t release it. Hold the key in this position for 20 to 30 seconds. This lets the system know you have the correct key, and it can allow you to bypass the alarm system. Some vehicles recognize the key simply by turning the key back and forth in the door lock key cylinder.
How do I turn off anti theft system?
To deactivate the anti-theft system use the unlock button on the remote key. Unlock the driver’s door using the key and then switch the ignition switch to the on position. If that doesn’t work exit the vehicle and roll up all windows, then use the key to lock the driver’s door.