How do you remove a radio without a tool?
How to remove car stereo without tools
- Take two knives (or similar flat objects, hard plastic box covers, long screw drivers, etc.).
- Slide knives to both sides between metal frame and radio.
- Knives open the locks.
- Pull both knives outwards while turning the sharp ends of the knives towards each other. Radio comes out a bit.
- Pull the knives out.
How do you remove a double DIN radio without a key?
To remove the radio without radio removal keys involves taking the dash apart until the side of the radio is visible. To remove the restraint brackets you will have to remove the 4 small silver screws that hold them to the radio. These are located on the side of the radio, 2 screws per side.
How do I use the din removal tool?
How to Remove a Car Stereo Unit With DIN Tools
- Locate the holes on the front of the stereo. There are two on either side. …
- Insert the DIN tools into the holes, one to each side, until you hear or feel a click, or until the tools cannot be pushed further.
- Spread the tools apart slightly.
How do you use a radio key removal?
Simply insert the proper tool and wait for the “notch” feel. Once you feel the notch, apply force away from the radio towards the rear of the vehicle to remove the radio from the dash.
How do you remove an Alpine radio?
How to Uninstall My Alpine Stereo
- Open the hood of your car. …
- Press the faceplate release button, typically located in the corner of your Alpine stereo. …
- Use a flat head screwdriver to carefully pry up the plastic bezel surrounding your stereo. …
- Unlock the stereo from the mounting bracket. …
- Press the release tab on the plastic wiring harness socket.
How do I get the code for my Ford radio?
How To Get Your Ford Radio Code?
- Press and hold buttons 1 & 6 together.
- The radio will go through a series of information on the display, the ONLY information that will be your serial will begin “M” or “V” followed by 6 digits.
How do you remove a factory radio?
How to Remove a Factory Car Stereo
- Locate the screws that hold the dash plate in place. Then, use the appropriate screwdriver to remove them by turning them counterclockwise until they come out of the holes. …
- Remove the stereo bolts. …
- Put your hand behind the stereo and grasp the antenna wire. …
- Disconnect the power.