What are the top 10 radio stations?
Top 10 U.S. Radio Stations
- WLTW-FM 106.7 Lite fm – New York – 5,013,600.
- WHTZ-FM Z100 – New York – 4,388,300.
- WKTU-FM 103.5 – New York – 4,136,500.
- KIIS-FM 102.7 – Los Angeles – 4,117,600.
- KBIG-FM 104.3 MYFM – Los Angeles – 4,057,200.
- KOST-FM 103.5 – Los Angeles – 3,661,600.
- WCBS-FM 101.1 – New York – 3,591,800.
What are the types of radio?
Different types of radio
- Conventional FM: As previously mentioned, conventional FM is a popular technology in analog radio. …
- MPT1327: Perhaps the most widely used analog trunking technology today is called MPT 1327. …
- Tetra: As the world becomes more digital, a number of digital radio technologies have emerged.
What is FM on a radio?
FM is short for frequency modulation, which refers to the means of encoding the audio signal on the carrier frequency. FM full power, low power, translator and booster stations operate in the 88 – 108 MHz band.
What are good radio channels?
Best internet radio stations at a glance
- KEXP 90.3 FM — Seattle.
- KCRW 89.9 FM — Santa Monica, California.
- WWPR 105.1 FM — New York.
- XRAY.fm KXRY 107.1 FM — Portland, Oregon.
- Dublab — Los Angeles.
- KUTX 98.9 FM — Austin, Texas.
- WFMU 91.1 FM — Jersey City, New Jersey.
- BBC Radio 6 — United Kingdom.
What is the most listened to radio station in the world?
Listeners reached in thousands*BBC Radio 18,915Classic FM5,484BBC Radio 5 live sports extra5,330BBC Radio 5 live5,219
What is the most listened to radio show?
Popular radio shows in the United StatesProgramFormatWeekly listeners (in millions)The Rush Limbaugh ShowConservative talk15.5The Sean Hannity ShowConservative talk15MarketplaceFinancial news14.8All Things ConsideredNewsmagazine14.7
What are the two types of radio?
Analog radio consists of two main types: AM (amplitude modulation) and FM (frequency modulation).
What is difference between AM and FM?
The difference is in how the carrier wave is modulated, or altered. With AM radio, the amplitude, or overall strength, of the signal is varied to incorporate the sound information. With FM, the frequency (the number of times each second that the current changes direction) of the carrier signal is varied.
What is a small radio called?
A transistor radio is a small portable radio receiver that uses transistor-based circuitry. Following the invention of the transistor, the first commercial transistor radio was released in 1954. … Transistor radios are still commonly used as car radios.
Is AM or FM Better?
AM has poorer sound quality compared with FM, but is cheaper and can be transmitted over long distances. It has a lower bandwidth so it can have more stations available in any frequency range. FM is less prone to interference than AM. However, FM signals are impacted by physical barriers.
How do radio stations know you’re listening?
There are radio ratings services, like Arbritron, and Nielsen. The company polls a certain number of radio listeners in a certain region. Then by statistical analysis, the ratings firm, extrapolate the results of the survey, and determine how many people in the region are listening to each individual radio station.
Is Internet a radio?
Internet radio (also web radio, net radio, streaming radio, e-radio, IP radio, online radio) is a digital audio service transmitted via the Internet. Broadcasting on the Internet is usually referred to as webcasting since it is not transmitted broadly through wireless means.
What is the best free Internet radio?
Here are the best radio apps for Android right now.
- myTuner Radio.
- Pandora Radio.
- Radio Online.