What does it mean when a Kenwood radio says protect?
Kenwood equips its receivers with a protection mode to safeguard them. Your stereo receiver is going into protection mode because the receiver has an internal short, a speaker is bad or the speaker wiring has a problem, such as incorrect wire gauge or bad connections.
How do you reset a Kenwood car stereo?
Put the face plate aside and locate the small circle button labelled “Reset” on the main component. Make sure the car power is on. Press and hold the reset button with a pointed edge tool for 5 seconds.
How do I find my Kenwood radio code?
The car radio code is indicated on many kenwood models on a small white sticker inside the glove box. The unlock code will be labeled “Anti-theft radio code”. Enter this code using the preset radio buttons of your kenwood radio.
How does a Kenwood radio work?
Kenwood Car Radio Instructions
- Press the “Reset” button first if you’re using the Kenwood unit for the first time, or after changing the car’s battery. …
- Set the clock by pressing and holding the “Display” (DISP) button for one second. …
- Press “SRC” repeatedly until “Tuner” appears to hear the radio. …
- Press “SRC” to select the CD player.
How do you fix a Kenwood radio when it says protect?
Turn off the receiver and let it cool for a few hours; then try again. If the protection mode warning doesn’t go away on its own, press the reset button. If that doesn’t work, disconnect the power lead from your receiver for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.
Where is the reset button on a Kenwood radio?
Find a pointed tool such as a small screwdriver, locate the small red triangle light-up button located on the top left of the stereo and press it down for 5 seconds. This will reset your Kenwood stereo.
How do you bypass a Kenwood Security Code?
How to Bypass the Kenwood 5120
- Enter your car and insert your key into the vehicle’s ignition. …
- Press and hold the “Add” and “Track Up” buttons on your stereo system at the same time.
- Hold the buttons until the display reads a blank screen with four dashes.
- Release the two buttons and enter your code using your remote.
How do I reset my car radio?
Remove the faceplate from your car stereo. Press the RESET button on the front panel using a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
How do I unlock my car radio?
Without the Unlock Code
- Call your car manufacturer directly. Your car manufacturer’s phone number is in your owner’s manual. Ask to be connected to the support department. …
- Enter the code and unlock your stereo. Use the code you received from the manufacturer to unlock and and activate your car stereo.
How do you turn off a Kenwood radio?
- Turn on the power. Press . • Press and hold to turn off the power. Press and hold SRC to turn off the power.
- Adjust the volume Turn the volume knob. Press or .
- Select a source. Press repeatedly. Press SRC repeatedly. Change the display information*