How do you unlock a GM factory radio?
Dial 1-800-537-5140 to connect with GM’s toll-free radio hotline. Once you’re connected, you’ll be asked to provide your vehicle’s radio identification number, along with a special dealer access code. You’ll then be rewarded with a 4-digit retrieval code, which will allow you to unlock your radio.
How do I find my GM radio code?
Now that you have your radio’s serial number, you can obtain the radio unlock code from General Motors. Be ready with a pen and paper to write down your radio unlock code. Step 1: Contact the GM radio hotline. From any landline or cell phone, call the toll-free GM Radio hotline at 1(800) 537-5140.
How do I reset my GM radio factory?
How to Reset a GM Radio
- Turn on your car. …
- Press and hold down both the second and third preset buttons. …
- Write down the two- or three-digit code that appears in the LED display.
- Press the AM/FM button on the radio.
- Write down the next two- or three-digit code that appears in the LED display.
How do I turn off Theftlock on my GM radio?
To disable the Theftlock feature, enter the user or factory back-up code as follows:
- Write down the user or factory back-up code.
- Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY or RUN.
- Turn the radio OFF.
- Press the 1 and 4 buttons together. …
- Press the Minute button and “000” will appear on the display.
How can I get the code to unlock my car stereo?
How to Find the Radio Code to Unlock a Car Stereo
- Check Your Owner’s Manual. The best place to locate a radio code is in the owner’s manual of your car. …
- Visit the Manufacturer’s Website. …
- Visit your Local Dealership. …
- Contact a Local Automotive Audio Installation Center.
How do I unlock my car radio without the code?
Without the Unlock Code
Call your car manufacturer directly. Your car manufacturer’s phone number is in your owner’s manual. Ask to be connected to the support department. Tell them you need to reactivate you car stereo and you will be asked for proof of ownership.
How do I unlock my RDS radio?
To unlock radio you will need access to a GM scan tool. The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC). Press and hold presets buttons 2 & 3 or 1 & 4 for approximately 10 seconds.
How do you reset the radio in a Chevy Impala?
Follow these steps and you can reset the anti-theft radio and return the radio to a working state.
- Turn the car ignition to the “ON” position.
- Turn the radio off, if it is on.
- Press and hold the “Minute” button on the radio faceplate.
- Release the “Minute” button once “000” appears on the radio display.
How do you unlock the radio in a 1999 Chevy Silverado?
Chevrolet Silverado 1999-2006: How to Unlock Radio
- Step 1 – Turn on your ignition. Jump behind the wheel of your Silverado 1500 truck and turn on the ignition. …
- Step 2 – Retrieve three-digit number. …
- Step 3 – Complete the six-digit number. …
- Step 4 – Put in a call for help. …
- Step 5 – Turn on the ignition once more. …
- Step 6 – Enter code. …
- Step 7 – Press the AM/FM button.
How do you unlock a 2011 Silverado radio?
Turn on the ignition; it must be completely on and your vehicle running. Press the power button on your radio for several seconds to unlock the system. If this doesn’t work, pull your vehicle’s codes by pressing and holding presets 2 and 3 for 10 seconds. Write down the 3-digit code that displays on the screen.